As a homeowner, you need to take care of scheduling regular maintenance services for various systems in your house. One service that you should never overlook is a water heater inspection, which will ensure that your water heater is working safely and efficiently.
Regular inspections can help you prevent major issues and increase the water heater’s lifespan. At Moody Plumbing Inc., we’ve evaluated many water heaters over the last several years, and here’s what you can expect from a standard water heater inspection from our team:
- Visual Inspection. A visual check of the water heater and its surroundings is the first step in a water heater inspection. We will look for any obvious damage, rust, corrosion, or leaks.
- Assessment of Valves. Your water heater has several valves that will need to be checked during your water heater inspection.This includes evaluating the TPR valve, which is an essential safety device that allows the tank’s excess pressure or heat to be released.
- Evaluation of the Anode Rod. One of the most essential components in keeping the water heater tank free of corrosion is the anode rod. Our technician will examine the anode rod and replace it if it is severely worn out or corroded.
- Inspection of Venting and Flue. We will also check the venting system and flue if your water heater runs on gas to make sure there are no leaks or obstructions. For safe operation, adequate ventilation is necessary.
- Assessment of Sediment Buildup. Over time, sediment may gather at the tank’s bottom, decreasing the water heater’s performance. During a water heater inspection, we will check the tank for sediment buildup and flush it out if needed.
These are the main things we’ll check during a water heater inspection. If required, we’ll also give you repair recommendations based on our findings. If your water heater hasn’t been checked in the last year, contact us to schedule an inspection today.